I admit that my interest in The Biggest Loser wavers from season to season. When I started my weight loss journey (WLJ) a year ago, I had nowhere near what the contestants on that show have to lose, but I think that the lessons learned and habits taught are something that anyone can learn from, no matter the size, which is why I watch the show.
There are themes for each season that resonate with me more than others, and this season’s theme of No Excuses seems to resonate with me more than in years past. This is because, in the past, I always found a reason to not exercise or to not eat right.
- I’m too tired to go to the gym.
- It’s too late to exercise.
- I’m too stressed to eat right.
- Health food doesn’t taste good.
- It’s raining, so I don’t want to go out.
- I didn’t get a good night’s sleep, so I don’t have the energy to work out.
I found this motivational poster several weeks ago and posted it as my weekly motivational post several weeks ago. Since then, I’ve tried to keep it in the back of my mind to change my perspective.