This month, I was nominated for my first blog award, the Liebster Award, by the always humorous, inspirational Tracey at Stride & Joy. Not only do we share many interests, like a common love for running and a common hate for our asthma, she became an inspiration to me and many other runners when she decided to tackle the challenge of running one road race of 5K distance or more every week for an entire YEAR! If that’s not dedication, I don’t know what is.
One of the things I love most about her journey, besides her hysterical recaps, is that all her runs benefit a good cause like the Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Denim for a Cure. She’s a runner, writer, comedian, and philanthropist? What can’t this girl do?
Anyway, when you get nominated for these sorts of things, you’re supposed to spread the love by nominating five other blogs that make you laugh, cry, and every other emotion in between. They’re supposed to have less than 200 followers, but it’s really hard to determine that from any of the blogs I read so I hope I don’t get in trouble…
So, here are my nominees for the Liebster Award:
- 1,001 Bostonian Nights: This blog by a dear friend of mine is all about her adventures in life, love, and general debachuery while living in the city (of Boston). Her posts range from product reviews to extreme couponing to even the occasional movie review. If you’re in need of a good laugh , Dani’s blog will not fall short in that department.
- Answering Oliver: Three months ago, 24-year-old Devon quit her job in Seattle and left her life and everything she knew for a year long Around The World adventure. Wow, that takes some real cajones and is something I could never do, so I choose to read and live vicariously through her. If you’re looking for some good arm chair traveling, Devon’s blog is the perfect spot.
- Running Off the Reese’s: What’s not to love about a girl who lives in Texas and d finds a way to somehow segway her French bulldog Bardot in to almost every post? Although the majority of her posts are written in a somewhat pessimistic tone, she does it so eloquently. She just says what everyone is thinking but are too afraid to say outloud. I commend her for that and also for her supporting photos and captions that come with every post.
- 36ixty5: The 365 photography project is something that I’ve tried to commit to two years in a row and haven’t been successful with, mostly because I’m too damn lazy. You take one photo a day for a full year. Yes, I am that lazy that I can’t even do that and post it. Mike has an eye for amazing shots that I only dream about. He is on day 200+ and he’s not stopping there.
- Live Laugh Eat: I first found Allie’s blog when searching for blogs about running with asthma on that day my asthma got the best of me. No topic is off limits when it comes to blogging, and she has talents in every realm — running, photography, cooking, writing — so it’s hard to not be impressed.
Now, time to get down to biz-nas. These are the Liebster Award “rules” —
- Link back to the person who gave it to you and thank them.
- Post the award to your blog.
- Give the award to 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers that you appreciate and value (it’s a great way to get to word out there about other blogs).
- Leave a comment on the 5 blogs to let them know that they have received this award.
I hope you check them out! You will not be disappointed. Happy reading!