I’ve never been much of a sweets person. I’d much rather choose nibbling on an appetizer over noshing on dessert. But if being pregnant has taught me one thing, it has been to never underestimate the power of change with my food habits. Example? I used to eat one or two bananas a day, and I haven’t had one in about three months (unless you count that tiny bite I had two months ago and immediately spit out.)
Sooo… now this non-dessert-eater and non-baker has turned into an almost-daily-dessert-eater and occasional-baker. What can I say? Baby wants what baby gets, and I’m not speaking in third person here. My current baked good obsession is these super chewy, über delicious coconut cookies! The simple reason for making these? I had a 3/4 bag of shredded coconut and no chocolate chips sitting in the kitchen cupboard, and I (or should I say my second stomach) wanted some cookies. He/she sure is turning into quite the little cookie monster!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated Splenda (for baking)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups shredded coconut, slightly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine the flour and baking soda in small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix the butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and Splenda until smooth.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually blend in the flour mixture, about 1/4 of the mix at a time, then mix in the coconut. Mix well. The mixture will seem a bit dry, but I promise that’s how it’s supposed to be!
- Place dough by the teaspoon onto an ungreased cookie sheet about two inches apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly toasted. Cooking time will vary by oven, so watch them carefully. Allow to cool on cooling racks.
Source: Modified from AllRecipes.com
… Don’t forget to check out my other yummy recipes!
Servings Per Recipe: 3 dozen • Serving Size: 1 cookie • Calories: 97.6
Total Fat: 5.5 g • Cholesterol: 30.4 mg • Sodium: 46.8 mg
Carbs: 11.9 g • Dietary Fiber: 0.6 g • Protein: 1.2 g
WeightWatchers® PointsPlus™: 3 per serving
*All nutritional info is estimated using SparkRecipes.com. Actuals may differ based upon product brand.