This week I’m getting back to basics with my WIAW post by sharing a modge podge of my eats from throughout the week. I liked the idea of using it as a tool to share a recipe a week with you all, but our pack leader Jenn called me out on it a couple of weeks ago, so no more cheating for me! Well, not for this week anyway… [Shhhhhh.. don’t tell her when I start doing it again!]
I’m pretty lousy at taking photos of every meal every day. The truth is, I’m constantly eating and sometimes I’m too hungry by regular meal time to even think about playing photog. So, here’s what my prego self has been snacking on throughout the week since that’s the theme for this month, and it also appears to be all I can remember to take photos of!
[all photos can be found on my Instagram page!]
(1) Seedless red grapes washed down with a fun size Snickers bar
(2) Watermelon-flavored Italian ice – Our office provided this tasty, cold treat for the entire office (500+ of us on this coast) since it was the first of many 90-degree days last week!
(3) Chocolate explosion cake and cookies and cream single-serve cheesecake from Whole Foods – I liked the cheesecake much better, although I was a little disappointed by both. (Rich and I split both over two days.)
(4) The Cookie Department’s Great Full sweet potato and cranberries cookie – I’ll admit I was a bit skeptical when I got this in our recent Love With Food box. I wasn’t sure how a cookie would taste without butter, but I’m happy to report it was delicious! Tonto even tried to snag it from my cupholder and was pretty darn close to getting human food; he had the wrapper in his mouth!
(5) Pineapple – I’ve gotten into the habit of eating about one whole pineapple a week, almost entirely by myself. Can’t get enough of it. #faceplant
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
That’s all I have for you this week with my most memorable snacks! I promise I’ll try to do a better job next week, but no guarantees. =) Remember, it’s all about balance! Some days I do a better job of finding it than others.