It’s been way too long since I’ve posted a recipe! Consistency is clearly not my thing right now. =)
A couple of months ago, I finally jumped on the band wagon and made overnight oats for the first time ever and I’m happy to report that our relationship is still going strong. Rich even likes them! They keep us full till lunch, which as of late, has become quite the challenge. (Baby stealing all the food.. you know.)
I wanted to share my go-to recipe, and I hope you like it as much as I do!
- 3/4 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup almond milk (I use unsweetened vanilla.)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- a splash of almond milk the following morning
- Peanut Butter O²
- 1 tbsp peanut butter (or your nut butter of choice)
- Chocolate Coconut Overload
- 1/2 tbsp baking cocoa
- Generous helping of coconut flakes
- Generous helping of chcocolate chips
- (I am obviously very exact with measurements here…)
- In a bowl, combine the oats, almond milk, honey, chia seeds, and toppings of your liking and mix well.
- Leave in the fridge overnight or at least two hours. You want your oats to thicken and stuff, don’t you?
- Before eating, add a splash of almond milk to loosen your oats up a bit. If it’s too cold for you, leave out at room temperature to take a little of the chill off!
Source: CDAH original recipe
… Don’t forget to check out my other yummy recipes!
[does not include nutrition for toppings]
Servings Per Recipe: 1 • Serving Size: 1 bowl • Calories: 311.6
Total Fat: 6.5 g • Cholesterol: 0.0 mg • Sodium: 75.0 mg
Carbs: 59.2 g • Dietary Fiber: 7.5 g • Protein: 8.5 g
WeightWatchers® PointsPlus™: 8 per serving
*All nutritional info is estimated using SparkRecipes.com. Actuals may differ based upon product brand.