Last week was a surprising good week. I had no idea what to expect when I went to weigh in on Sunday morning at the Weight Watchers center, but I was ready for a gain because we had gotten pizza for lunch on Saturday. Rich bet I was down 0.6 pounds; well, he was right in that I was down but I was shocked by how much.
Starting Weight: 136.8 pounds
Current Weight: 131.0 pounds
Current Week Loss/Gain: -4.2 pounds
Total Weight Loss: -5.8 pounds
Things That Went Well
- Tracking: I tracked everything I ate all week, even if it was just one pita chip.
- Balance: I ate a serving of fruit or veggies with most meals. If I had a high point meal or knew I was going to have one, I balanced it out with lower point meals for the rest of the day.
- Thinking before eating: I stayed mindful of what I was eating by asking myself, “Is it going to be worth it to eat ____? How am I going to feel after?”
- Hydration: I drank at least 60 oz most days.
Things I Could Have Done Better
- Staying active: I didn’t exercise at all this week. Winter makes me lazy!
- Hydration: Staying hydrated is easy when I’m at home, but when I’m out and about, it tends to fall to the wayside. Even when I bring a 24 oz water bottle with me, I still manage to forget to drink. Any tips on how to remember to drink when I’m out?
I chalk this week’s ridiculous weight loss up to breastfeeding. I didn’t eat better or worse really than any other week the past month, and I certainly didn’t exercise much, so the past two and a half months must be catching up to me. I got my 5 pound star at my WW meeting on Sunday so I’m happy! Here’s hoping for another 5 pound start in the next month and a bit!