Before the bub came along, I didn’t mind doing dishes. I might even go as far to say that I even liked doing them because it gave me some time to shut down this crazy brain of mine and do something mindless for a little while. Dishes now? They’re my arch nemesis. After a long commute and even longer day at work, the last thing I want to do at the end of the night is wash a sink full of dishes and bottles.
So what’s the best solution? One-pot meals! They are seriously a god send for busy people. And there’s plenty of leftovers to boot! Note to self: Buy a bigger skillet! Here’s an absolutely tasty one-pot dish I’d like to share with you all: cheeeeeesy ravioli lasagna!
You can lighten up this recipe by using reduced fat cheese or replacing the beef with ground turkey, bison, tofu crumbles, or nixing the meat all together! You can also mix it up by using different types of ravioli like butternut squash or spinach! I just used plain old cheese this time around. =)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 28 oz can of San Marzano whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth, low sodium
- 18 oz of prepared cheese ravioli from the refrigerated section or freshly-made ravioli if you’re feeling fancy
- 8 oz of part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup of freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and warm over medium heat. When hot, sauté onions and garlic until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned.
- Cut up your whole tomatoes in the can into smaller pieces using a pair of kitchen shears. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, and ravioli to the skillet once the meat is cooked through.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer covered over medium heat.
- Simmer until ravioli are tender and sauce has reduced and thickened, about 20 – 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in mozzarella and parmesan. Simmer for another 10 minutes to allow for the cheese to melt!
Source: Inspired by No. 2 Pencil
WeightWatchers® PointsPlus™: 11 per serving *All nutritional info is estimated using SparkRecipes.com. Actuals may differ based upon product brand.