I don’t like baking. I may even go as far as to say I hate baking. I have nothing against baking; I’m just terrible at it, so maybe I should say that baking hates me? This is the sole reason I hardly ever bake. Things hardly ever come out the way they’re supposed to, but I was in the mood for baking many moons ago and decided to give it a shot without expecting much. I found this recipe for peanut butter Hershey Kiss cookies that looked easy enough to not screw up.
- 1/4 cup light butter, softened
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup regular white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or flavoring
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ¾ cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Hershey Kisses candy (45 or so; varies depending on how large you want your cookies)
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, blend the softened butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, regular sugar, egg, vanilla, and salt until creamy and mixed evenly.
- Add the flour and baking soda. Mix until even.
- Roll dough into evenly sized balls about the size of ping-pong balls, yielding about 45 balls. [ *snicker* ]
- Place cookie balls on baking sheet, spaced about two inches between cookies.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or golden brown.
- Press a Hershey Kiss firmly into the center of each cookie as soon as you take them out of the oven before removing the cookies from the baking pan. You want to make sure the cookies are still hot for this step!
- Remove cookies and let cool on a cooling rack.
Source: Modified from Bites
WeightWatchers® PointsPlus™: 2 per serving
*All nutritional info is estimated using SparkRecipes.com. Actuals may differ based upon product brand.