This recipe is one of the simplest recipes in my cookbook. Seriously. It’s four ingredients and a Crockpot. What more could you ask for?
- 3 pound pork butt/shoulder
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle root beer (We use A&W brand.)
- 1/2 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (We use Jack Daniel’s Original.)
- 8 lite hamburger rolls
- Place the pork shoulder in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat. Cover and cook on low for approximately 6 – 6 1/2 hours until well cooked and the pork shreds easily.
- Pour over the barbecue sauce and stir. Cook for another 1/2 – 1 hour allowing for flavors to blend.
- Serve over hamburger buns or just by itself!
Source: Modified from AllRecipes.com
WeightWatchers® PointsPlus™: 13 per serving
*All nutritional info is estimated using SparkRecipes.com. Actuals may differ based upon product brand.