I love making this dish in the summer time for cookouts. You can make it in a flash and it can be served cold, so that means no fighting over the microwave to heat it up! I’ve been known to just have a bowl of this for dinner too, so don’t just think it’s a side dish. Just add some chicken or tuna and it can be a meal all on it’s own.
- 1 12-ounce package of tri-color spiral pasta (or other pasta of your choice)
- 1 cup of light Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup light creamy caesar salad dressing (I swear by Ken’s Lite Creamy Caesar)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 green bell peppers or 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- Boil pasta in accordance with directions, approximately 10 minutes. When cooked, rinse with cold water and drain well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and toss to coat evenly.
- Add the pasta and toss everything together until coated evenly.
- Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
- While chilling, the sauce will be absorbed into the pasta, so add just a touch of the dressing mixture in to the pasta and mix evenly before serving.
Source: Modified from Food.com
WeightWatchers® PointsPlus™: 9 per serving
*All nutritional info is estimated using SparkRecipes.com. Actuals may differ based upon product brand.