Have some potatoes and don’t want to do the same old mashed potato dance? These hasselback potatoes go well on the side with practically any dish, and the fact that it’s a sinch to throw together makes the recipe all that much better! So what if they taste exactly like roasted potatoes? They look pretty! And pretty food always tastes better.
Have it with steak, pasta, chicken, fish… you name it, you got it! All you have to do is slice it up, sprinkle some EVOO and seasoning, bake it — and you’re done.
- 4 medium yellow flesh potatoes
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter, softened (We use light butter.)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven 425˚F.
- With the flat side down on the cutting board and starting from one end of the potato, thinly slice almost all the way through at about 1/8 inch intervals.
- Arrange the potatoes in a baking tray and add garlic in between the slits. Evenly spread butter on top of each potato, then drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle some sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Try and get some in the slits for better flavor.
- Bake the potatoes for about 40 minutes, or until the potatoes are browned and crispy and the flesh is soft.
Source: Modified from Sea Salt with Food
WeightWatchers® PointsPlus™: 5 per serving
*All nutritional info is estimated using SparkRecipes.com. Actuals may differ based upon product brand.