I am a huge fan of my husband’s homemade lasagna, but we don’t eat it as much as I’d like because it’s just so darn pointy! (That’s Weight Watchers talk for not that good for you.) This Dashing Dish recipe was recommended by fellow Weight Watcher and blogger Katy (Hi, Katy!) and is a great alternative to the original comfort food at just 5 WW Points Plus per serving.
I used ground beef in this recipe, but you can substitute it with ground turkey or chicken to make it even healthier! I was able to get 8 roll-ups of this recipe because the lasagna noodles I used were smaller. Feel free to make as many roll-ups as you’d like till all the filling is gone!
- 8 whole wheat lasagna sheets (I use Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Grain Lasagna.)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked 93% lean ground beef
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- 1/2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning, or 1/4 tsp basil + 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (I use Ragu Chunky Tomato, Garlic, & Onion.)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Pour 1 cup of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook ground beef until slightly browned, about 7 minutes. It’s okay if it’s a little under-cooked because it will be cooking more in the oven. Set aside.
- In a large pot, bring water and olive oil to a boil, and cook lasagna noodles accordingly. (TIP: Cook a few extra noodles incase any break during the process.)
- While water is boiling, in a medium size bowl, mix together meat, 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, ricotta cheese, spinach, 1/4 cup parmesan, and spices.
- When noodles are cooked, drain in a colander, and lay on a kitchen towel to dry. Spread 1/6 – 1/8 of the meat mixture, depending on the noodle size, over each individual lasagna noodle.
- Slowly roll noodle, and place seam side down in baking dish. Placing the seam down will help ensure the roll-up stays together.
- Pour the remaining spaghetti sauce over the noodles, and sprinkle remaining parmesan cheese on top.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 30 minutes covered with foil. Remove foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Source: Modified from Dashing Dish
WeightWatchers® PointsPlus™: 3 per serving
*All nutritional info is estimated using SparkRecipes.com. Actuals may differ based upon product brand.